Saturday, July 18, 2009

Dentist

So yesterday morning I get a call from my mother saying that she scheduled me for a dentist appointment in Tucson and that if I went we would have to leave right now. Luckily I was ready and luckily I have a sweet boss that will let me take off in spur of the moment things like that. So me and my whole family spent some bonding time going to the dentist. Out of us five kids not one of us had a cavity. Crazy, I know. Especially if you know my family, my little brother only will brush his teeth if his older brother reminds him. It doesn't matter if it is someone else that reminds him it has to be Tanner. So is what they tell me. Pretty much all of have a sweet tooth too. Somethinig funny that happened at the dentist was my dad fell asleep. Like me he sleeps with his mouth open. Just before we went we bought mini candy bars. Shayla's idea-- too put a mini candy bar in Dad's mouth. Tanner kept tellin her to do it and he would even give her a dollar to put the candybar in Dad's mouth while he was sleeping, so she did and when she did my dad was startled and woke up like he was about to kill someone or something. My mom, Tanner, Shayla, and I just started bustin up laughing till we were basically crying. My dad then warned us, "K watch out, pay back time." Anyways after that my dad treated us all out Peter Piper Pizza, and gave us a little money to play the arcades. (Those games are rigged I should've known) We then went to my Bryant granparents house and visited them. My grandpa said his neck was gettin better, and probably in a week he could get his neck brace off that he has had on for 16 wks. It was nice to visit them.
I've heard from Jacob and the first day on the fire he said was rough. He said that they had to hike about 12 miles in rough terrain, and he didn't sleep at all the night before cause he didn't have his pack. They just sprawled out on the ground. The next day was better though, cause he said it was more laid back and slept really good that night before. He said he needed that day to help him recover. All in all he is doing great! I'm just glad he is keeping in touch a little better with me. I just hate not knowing and wondering.

No comments: